Earn money through your Instagram profile by advertising products and services for an array of different companies. You can see how it is done right here.
How to make money on Instagram
The companies who wish to get in touch with your followers will typically contact you through Loggershut.com. Here you and the companies can agree upon the terms of you testing or advertisings their products.
One way of negotiating the amount of money for a post on your Insta will typically be to use the number of followers you have on your profile and divide with a CPM number. CPM can be translated into: price per thousands and refer to the number of followers you have on your Instagram profile.
For instance, let’s say you have 5000 followers and you agree with a company on a price of CPM25, then you will earn 125 DKK per post. If you on the other hand have 15000 followers and you agree on a price of CPM40, you earn 600 DKK per post. Thus, the more followers you have, the more money you will make. It would be an advantage for you to suggest to the company that you combine your posts on Instagram with your other social media channels, for example Snapchat, Facebook or your blog.
A different way of calculating your price could be a calculation tool like "Advisa" used as a guideline for how much money you can make per post on Instagram. However, this is simply a guidance tool for how much you can make on Instagram as this also depends on how attractive the company finds you and your profile in relation to the product or service, which they want you to advertise.
If you do not start out with a price that is considered too high, there is a good chance that you will book the assignment. After completing a number of successful assignments, which you have made money on, you also have some good references. These references can be used when you in the future receive more contact requests from companies. At this time, you can start negotiating a higher price and thereby figure out what your brand value is in general for companies.
How do you get followers?
Here are a few tips on how to get followers on Instagram:
- Find a post you like and follow the Instagrammer who made the post. This gives you a chance of this Instagrammer starting to also follow you.
- Be active on Instagram daily
- Make online contests/giveaways with silly content as entertainment. Your followers will love to share!
- Figure out what time of the day you typically receive the most number of likes. This is the perfect time for you to share your Instagram photos and video clips in the future.
- Ask questions and encourage a dialogue with your followers. For instance, ‘what do you guys think of…?’
- Use local hashtags as geographical tagging. For example, #London, #Paris or #NewYork
- Have other Instagrammers speak about you and tag other profiles in your posts when relevant.
- Photos with faces receive the most number of likes
- Photos with great lighting perform better than those without
A few absolute no-go’s:
Do not purchase fake followers. It is a waste of money and makes your profile untrustworthy. It is basically as counter-productive as having a wee on yourself. How come? At first it is nice and warm but quickly it becomes freezing! Also ditch hashtags such as #followme and #likeforlike.
Do not spam others with irrelevant #hashtags. Instead, use hashtags that are actually used. For instance, hashtags such as #photooftheday.
If you want to get started with earning money on Instagram, create an influencer profile here.